Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tuesday

8.30    - flea market & store
9.30    - break

10.15    - reading: Borrowers, to end + discussion
11.45    - break

2.45    - CC Math Workbook
3p    - remedial shoe tying
3.15    - Minecraft
4.15    - done

//I can hardly even remember this morning .. as it is now 10:30 at night... but I know I was there *ha*...  Esme asked me if I liked the Borrowers book.. and although she thought it was long and complicated (she asked me what raffia and morose meant as she was reading the end part today), I think she secretly liked it, too..and was a bit disappointed that they didn't tell anymore about them after they were discovered.... she doesn't want to have to read a whole next book (Borrowers Afield) just to know what happened next... but I wasn't intending on making her.  It is saved on my Kindle holds queue for me to read soon.

We're getting so close to the 'end of the schoolyear' for her... and we've really come a long way this year.  Reading all of these chapter books has really opened up something.. she may not want to read long books of her own volition yet, but she knows it is possible and that there is a lot going on in every book she meets.  She can read the Fairy books and the American Girl books with no grumble - as she knows there are even longer books she has read through and gotten to the end.

I'd still like to cover a few more history things - finish Lewis and Clark, cover the Mayans and/or the Incas and go over (because she asked the other day and didn't believe my answers) what goes on in plant and animal cells - and what that means in a bigger context (different types of cells etc.).

And then after the 'end' of the school year... there will be a summer break, and public school starts at the end of July.  Don't really want to think too hard on that yet, although I know I will worry about it subconsciously even as I try to let it be until it gets here....


Mom notes : // start painted lady peas and more marigolds... find transition metals book and dive into chemistry a bit again during MY  break... sew Esme's pair of pants from the Murray fabric, go through her clothes and pick out the destroyed stuff again.. pants and socks with holes etc.  get a clear picture of what she has again.  And I am eagerly awaiting the book for the Magnus Chord Organ we received from a friend at work... ordered a book of the music by mail.  I was reading Dragonspell, the first in a series by Donita Paul,and it has heavy religious overtones... making it a little difficult to keep reading, but it hasn't really stripped the story too much yet... getting close though.  I have Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet lined up for after that.

No comments: