Friday, July 17, 2015

Getting ready...

Our mammoth 'excavation' kit came today.  Esme is intrigued...asked me many questions about it and the geology kit again.  Also, our reading comprehension workbook.  I had been uncertain whether we needed one, and if this was a good one...but I am pleasantly impressed.  It has short one-page reading assignments with interesting topics and color pictures, and then a few questions or fill in the blanks on the opposite side.

We got our third copy of the nat.geo (see previous post) and Esme unwrapped it expecting something 'new' and said 'What?  Really?  How many of these do we need?'  Ha.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through reading the Martian.  I really want to peek ahead.. but I won't.  I'll probably finish it this weekend.  Esme has a party tomorrow she is going to (movie night and sleepover, really).  She is excited.

No comments: