Friday, August 29, 2014

Bits and bobs

Good news, George was adopted and he is now called Snowball :)  I hear he and his new little boy are getting along very well and that he already has learned a few tricks!

This week has been full of other things, too - trying to get some better schoolwork for Esme, as she was being bored to tears by a few things and, because of her speech being the way it is, they had no idea just how much she really knows.  I'm hoping I won't have to push as much along now that they do know just how well she can read and do math... give another few weeks to see how it is all panning out.

Aunt Dot sent some clothing for Esme, and most of it fit.  I still have not made the zigzag dress for her I had planned - but I should make a few more pairs of pants soon.  I have one nearly finished on the desk from a week ago that still needs its pockets.

Labor Day is Monday - and no school that day.  I am working.  I have a good stack of books from the library to keep her entertained, and Grandma has her for the night for a sleepover.  I've gotten into the middle of the last book in the series and am feeling like I'll be missing an old friend once I'm done.  I started reading them in February, just after I had heard my mom had died.. and am almost finished up now with the seventh? book.

No comments: